After years of eating steak and salad, or plain chicken and veg (no potatoes / no parsnips / no gravy etc etc etc) I have discovered a collection of amazing eateries. These are places in the UK where you don’t have to worry that your dinner will be mundane and can actually enjoy tasty food whilst knowing that you are eating clean.
Some of the places are Celiac accredited, some have specific GF / DF menu items, and some are just super helpful with a little prior notification. This collection is constantly updated as food experiences increase. Please feel free to send in any recommendations.
- Wahaca (London) www.wahaca.co.uk
- They have a specific gluten free menu, super friendly staff, fab atmosphere, and amazing Mexican fare.
- La Bisalta (Frome) www.labisalta.co.uk
- This was a really helpful family run restaurant, home cooked authentic Italian dishes, with a romantic terrace to enjoy. A lovely find.
- The Gourmet Kitchen (Doncaster) www.the-gourmet-kitchen.co.uk
- A super accommodating chefs’ table, Michelin quality food, and a luxurious culinary experience.
- Filmore & Union (York, Leeds, Harrogate, Wetherby & Skipton) www.filmoreandunion.com
- This place is like heaven. Fully itemised paleo / gluten free / dairy free menu. What a godsend to be able to eat entirely “normal” foods and know that it is paleo and nasties-free. The best discovery that I have made in ages!