- 1 jar cashew butter (170g jar of Meridian Cashew Butter is what I normally use)
- 2 medium free-range eggs
- 2 apples
- 2 ripe organic bananas (these really need to be ripe for the recipe to work)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- Pre heat the oven to 175c.
- Core the apples and place them in a food processor with the bananas for about 3 minutes until mushed down.
- In a bowl mix the fruit puree, cinnamon, vanilla essence, ginger, baking soda, eggs and the pinch of salt. Mix together until you get a smooth puree.
- Line the bottom of a bread tin with greaseproof paper and grease the sides of the tin with coconut oil.
- Pour the puree into the tin and bake for around 45 minutes. (You should be able to stick a skewer in the loaf and pull it out without any ingredients stuck to it).
- This is a very moist loaf and doesn’t need anything with it to enjoy it!
- I have made this loaf in circular cake tins. Double the recipe and pour into circular tins, bake for about 40 minutes and once cool pour on a dollop (or 5) of cinnamon coconut cream (recipe on the site) to make a two-layered cake!