- ½ cup of dates (pre-soaked in water for at least 20 minutes)
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsps coconut oil
- 2 tbsps cacao powder (or good quality coco powder)
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 2 cups (or 200g) cashew nuts (unsalted) (pre-soaked in water for at least 8 hours)
- 1 cup of dates (pre-soaked in water for at least 20 minutes)
- 1 cup coconut cream (use the cream formed at the top of a can of coconut milk)
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt (good quality)
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 100g dark chocolate (good quality)
- Line the bottom of an 8″ circular cake tin with greaseproof paper and grease the edges with coconut oil.
- In a food processor mix the walnuts, cacao / cocoa powder, honey and desiccated coconut until well combined.
- Add in the dates and coconut oil until a stiff paste develops.
- Place the paste into the cake tin and push down to form the base. Freeze whilst you make the rest of the filling.
- Drain the soaked cashew nuts and mix them in the food processor with the dates, coconut milk, coconut oil, honey, vanilla essence and a pinch of salt. Keep mixing them for at least 7 minutes until smooth.
- Remove the tin from the freezer and pour the filling onto the base. Spread the filling evenly across the base and place back in the freezer for a couple of hours.
- After a couple of hours of freezing time remove the cake tin from the freezer. Melt the dark chocolate (glass bowl above a pan of boiling water usually works best). Pour the melted chocolate over the cake and place it back in the freezer for half an hour or so.
- When you are ready to eat it remove it from the freezer for 15 minutes or so. Alternatively cut it up into slices or squares and store the pieces in an airtight container in the freezer.