- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (desiccated coconut is fine)
- ⅔ cup walnuts
- 1 heaped tablespoon coconut butter (if you cant find coconut butter use coconut oil instead)
- 1 heaped tablespoon raw honey
- pinch of salt
- 1.5 cups roasted, unsalted cashews
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup raw honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh is definitely best here – do not substitute this for lemon squash when you run out of lemon juice. It does not work!)
- 3 tablespoons canned coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 14 pitted dates, soaked in water for an hour
- 5 tablespoons canned coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Soak the dates.
- Start with the crust. Blend the walnuts in a food processor until thoroughly blended (almost into a paste). Add the rest of the crust ingredients and blend well.
- Line a 6 x 8 (approx.) glass dish with cling film and press the crust ingredients into it evenly.
- Now for the filling. Blend the cashew nuts into a chunky paste (this requires some patience as it take a while to break them down). Add the honey, coconut oil, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Blend until all the ingredients are mixed together. Now add the coconut milk bit by bit. You may need a little more than 3 tablespoons, keep adding it slowly whilst blending until you get the consistency of a thick paste.
- Pour the filling on top of the crust and spread it across evenly. Freeze for a couple of hours until solid.
- Finally for the caramel. Once the dates have finished soaking, blitz them in the food processor for 30 seconds to a minute. Whilst the food processor remains on add the coconut milk in bit by bit with the water, vanilla essence and pinch of salt. Keep the processor on for about 5 minutes until you get a caramel consistency. If required, add a little more coconut milk.
- Take the cake out of the freezer (once it has set solid).
- Pour the caramel onto the cake and spread it across evenly.
- Freeze for around half an hour until it has all set
- Remove it from the freezer for about 15 minutes before serving.